Chart of accounts

Mike Leone turgon at mike-leone.com
Wed Aug 24 12:37:31 EDT 2011

On 8/24/2011 12:00 PM, John Layman wrote:
> I think what you are referring to as the CoA might more correctly be called
> the Trial Balance.  You might ponder why it is that Googling the phrase
> "chart of accounts" returns a lot of sample charts with nary a monetary
> figure to be seen.

Granted, it's been 30 years since my accounting classes, but that's the
way I remember it. A Trial Balance is a listing of all accounts with
balances, and a Chart of Accounts is just accounts (names and perhaps
descriptions, no balances).

--
Michael J. Leone, <mailto:turgon at mike-leone.com>

Network apparatchik and all-around drudge.