GC 2.4 windows7 aqbanking issue

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Aug 24 21:04:32 EDT 2011

On Aug 24, 2011, at 8:15 AM, Martin Preuss wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mittwoch 24 August 2011, John Ralls wrote:
>> On Aug 23, 2011, at 9:19 AM, Sarastro wrote:
> [...]
>>> Aqbanking 5.0.2-2
>>> Gwenhywfar 4.0.3
> [...]
>
> Those are rather old versions of the AqBanking family. Many bugs - especially
> regarding OFX DirectConnect - have been fixed since.

Possibly a valid point, since the current Mac Gnucash (which is what *I'm* using) is at 5.0.10 and 4.1.0. The Win32 build in Gnucash Trunk uses the same, but I don't know what was used for the 2.4.7 release.

Sarastro, you can download the latest nightly build from http://code.gnucash.org/builds/win32/trunk/gnucash-2.4.99-svn-r21216-setup.exe and try that. At least then you'll have the same versions of AQBanking and Gwenhywfar that I'm using.

Martin, on the other hand those versions aren't "rather old": They're from January. Debian stable is still supplying 4.2.4, which is considerably older. Is 5.0 an unstable development branch, suitable for testers but not for normal users?

Regards,
John Ralls