How can I get reports with my locale settings?

James Wilde james.wilde at sunde-wilde.com
Thu Aug 25 04:50:42 EDT 2011

There's more...

On Aug 24, 2011, at 22:08 , James Wilde wrote:

> Thanks, John.  That did it in the end.  The rest of my answer inline.
>
> On Aug 24, 2011, at 00:13 , John Ralls wrote:
>

>> On Aug 23, 2011, at 1:58 PM, James Wilde wrote:
>>
>>> I'm running on a Mac, using the original Lion update (i.e. not the one with a .2 at the end of the file
>>> name).
>>>
>>> I cannot get gnucash to produce reports with a space as thousands separator and a comma as
>>> decimal separator.  I have changed almost all the locale settings to sv_SE.UTF-8, but still reports
>>> come with a comma for thousands and a dot for decimals.
>>>
>>> Under Preferences, I see that the Locale setting is still USD, although I have opted for and selected
>>> SEK, the Swedish Crown.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions, please?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>
>> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_I.27m_a_Mac_user_and_I_want_to_use_Gnucash_in_a_language_different_from_my_system_settings.
>>
>> I just tested Sverige and it formats everything as it should.

Stranger and stranger.  Without my changing anything that I am aware of, suddenly today the report has taken a new form.  Instead of:

SEK 5 432,10  suddenly it is:

5 432,10 kr

This not only is non-standard behaviour, but it makes conversion from text to value more difficult.  Instead of converting the characters from #5 to the end of the string, which I can do with a simple =RIGHT function, I now have to take a =LEFT function up to =LENGTH-3.

Hope someone can suggest what might have happened, and how I can get back to the SEK 5 432,10 format.

TIA

//James