move entry up-down on invoice has limits

Shane Litherland litherland-farm at bigpond.com
Thu Aug 25 21:19:08 EDT 2011

Hi again,

another newer feature I played with when generating an invoice, is the
buttons along top that allow an item/line in the invoice to me moved up
or down the list of items.

I had several entries, all on the same date, e.g.:

fencing - equipment
fencing - labour
erosion - earthworks
erosion - labour
weed control - equipment
weed control - labour
flora monitoring - equipment
flora/fauna surveys

after entering them all, I first played with re-ordering them by using
consecutive dates, which worked, but then noticed the buttons. So put
all dates back to same and used buttons. The outcome seemed to have some
restrictions on how far up/down items could be moved.

I wanted to rearrange things alphabetically down the invoice, but 'weed'
items wouldn't move below 'flora' whilst I could move them above
'erosion'... just as an example. I could put 'weed control - equipment'
below 'weed control - labour' so it didn't seem to be an outright
alphabetical limitation based on description either.

Now, I played with this in a haphazard manner, so I can do more tests
and refine what does/doesn't happen, but thought first, I would post to
see if this is recognised by / repeatable for anyone else?

If items have different dates (I went back to this option to get 'weed'
entries to bottom), then the up/down won't move dates out of order. But
with all the dates the same, there's something else limiting, maybe the
time entries were saved - maybe I'd been partway through entry when a
save happened, and timestamped things behind the scenes? can't recall
for sure on than one. Can't see anything else in entry details that is
consistent with the up/down restriction of some items.

Regards,
Shane