Reports again

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Mon Aug 29 15:49:07 EDT 2011

--On August 29, 2011 9:56:53 AM +0200 James Wilde
<james.wilde at sunde-wilde.com> wrote:

> However, that still leaves the Cinderella, or maybe the ugly ducking,
> amongst operating systems.  On the Mac, reporting and exporting data
> sucks.  I think it might be worth putting in the wiki that GC for the
> Mac is an early alpha version, with the recommendation that Mac
> owners run it in a virtual linux machine.  Or give their data file to
> a colleague running linux or Windows for printing.

I'm glad you got it working ok.  I gather you were trying to use the
Aqua version on the Mac.  I think that you would find it works better
if you use the X11 version there like you are on Linux.  That's what I
do and it seems to work pretty well.  Granted, it doesn't conform 100%
to the Mac UI standards, but at least it works well.  I would be
interested in hearing about your experiences if you try this.  Few
people have tried all the combinations of Gnucash versions and
operating systems.

        Mike