Reports again

James Wilde james.wilde at sunde-wilde.com
Tue Aug 30 02:52:58 EDT 2011

On Aug 29, 2011, at 19:24 , tjoen wrote:

> James Wilde schreef op ma 29-08-2011 om 11:47 [+0200]:
>
>> As far as I can establish, my computer is set to display UTF-8 by default.
>
> Your mail was sent as iso-8859-1 according to the headers

Thanks, Tjoen, that was a surprise.  I'm fairly new to the Mac, and still
groping around, even though OSX is based on FreeBSD.  I discovered that
mail coding was set to automatic.  I would have assumed that to mean that,
if an incoming mail was set to UTF-8 it would code the reply the same, and
if it was ISO8859, it would reply in that, but I see yours is in UTF-8 and
still mine came back as ISO8859.  I've changed the default to UTF-8.

//James