Reports again

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 17:28:16 EDT 2011

Personally, I wouldn't recommend using Fink or Macports to run Gnucash on OS X nowadays. Been there, done that, and found it a real challenge.
My experience (I've been using Gnucash on my Mac for something like 5
years now) is that the Mac dmg download has worked consistently well for some time, due in large part to the gargantuan efforts of John Ralls. It is by no means an "alpha" product as you suggest. With (as far as I know) just a few known issues, it works just fine.

I will grant you that I am not a heavy user of the reports. However, I have had no problem printing my reports to a pdf file (and printing that) or exporting it to HTML and munging the data as needed. Personally, I don't like the reporting engine in Gnucash at all (and wish it were a lot easier to use), but I have learned to work around it. I do wish formatting and report creation were easier, but to suggest that the software package as a whole is alpha state is misguided.

David