Autofill type

Heinz Sachsenweger heinz.sachsenweger at gmx.de
Thu Dec 1 07:15:14 EST 2011

Hi to all,

I live in germany and i use HCBI to transfer from my bank my new
transaction to GnuCash v2.4.7. Assuming i buy with my EC-Card
(electronic cash) and some place and i define this transaction belongs
to type Foo. Assuming i was visiting this place again and preformed a
transaction.

I would like to know if there is a way to tell GnuCash to "learn" from
the past and to give the new transaction from the same place it already
have a type, the same type to the new transaction?

Another way to look on it, is like a filter, that if a specific word in
the new transaction, it should get a specific type.

Is such kind of thing exists?

Regards