Dates in ofx download setup, brokerage data

Martin Preuss martin at aqbanking.de
Fri Dec 2 15:13:34 EST 2011

Hi again,

Am 02.12.2011 07:07, schrieb David Reiser:
[...]
> For credit cards, I have to back that date up one day to keep from missing batch
> file date mismatches. (If I download transactions after midnight
> on the 10th, aqbanking thinks I have transactions from the
> 10th and effectively asks for transactions after the 10th. But transactions
> that post at the end of business on the 10th aren't in that new list.)
[...]

Just for clarification: The start date is not chosen by AqBanking but by
the application (i.e. gnucash). I my own applications I look for the
latest which for which I have transactions in an account and use exactly
that date as a start date. Of course this leads to duplicates which are
however sorted out upon import.

I don't know how gnucash determines this date, though.

Regards
Martin

--
Things are only impossible until they're not