Net Worth by Month (Moving from MS Money)

Mike Evans mikee at saxicola.idps.co.uk
Sat Dec 3 05:46:40 EST 2011

On Sat, 3 Dec 2011 10:26:31 -0000
"Peter Jones" <jonesypeter at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am moving to GNUCash from MS Money as Microsoft have seen fit to
> remove the share price updates.
>
> One of the features I used to love in Money was the Net Worth by
> Month in a graphical bar chart view.
>
> So you would get income, expenditure, balance for each month.  You
> could view it over a year so you could see how your balance changed
> over a period of time.
>
> Can anyone help as to how I may get something similar in GNU Cash?
>
> Best wishes
>
> Peter Jones
> Three Bridges, Crawley
> West Sussex
> UK
Peter

To get a net worth barchart in the current release 2.4.8,
Reports->Assets & Liabilities->Net Worth Barchart.
There's also an income expense barchart via
Reports->Income&Expense->Income&Expense Barchart

The next release will contain a line chart showing the same
information.  You can edit the reports options for time periods etc.

Mike