Exchange rates the other way around in the price editor?

Guilherme Salgado gsalgado at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 10:17:30 EST 2011

Hi there,

When registering a transaction between accounts with different currencies,
I always enter the exchange rate manually and check on both accounts to
make sure the values are right on both. However, sometimes the exchange
rate stored on the price editor is from one currency to another and
sometimes it seems to be the other way around. For example, I see several
entries for the BRL currency with ARS as security and most of them have the
price of 1ARS in BRL (e.g. 0.444000) while others have it the other way
around (e.g. 2.264500, or the price of 1BRL in ARS). Even with that,
though, I see the correct values on both accounts for the transactions that
generate the new price editor entry.

However, what made me notice this is that one expense pie chart report I
have (in BRL) was using the exchange rate the other way around (i.e.
multiplying the total of an ARS account by 2.264500 to obtain the price in
BRL, when it should've multiplied it by 0.444000).

Has anybody seen something like this before?

Cheers,
Guilherme