Changing the standard default options in invoice.scm

Hedley Finger hedley.finger at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 18:13:29 EST 2011

Axel:

On 1 December 2011 02:50, Axel Essbaum <axel at essbaum.com> wrote:

> Hedley, I will happily paypal you the $50 bounty because this just made my
> life a WHOLE lot easier.

Looks like some other lucky person will get the $50 because I have no idea!

How do I either change the the default stylesheet (right now it always
> comes up as "Default", and I have to manually change it to "Invoice" (which
> I created))
>

> OR
>
> edit the "Default" stylesheet to have the settings I use in my own
> stylesheet called "Invoice"?
>
> I can't figure out where the stylesheet "Default" is defined, or where my
> own "Invoice" stylesheet is defined...
>
> Thanks Hedley :-)
>
> - Axel
>
> On Nov 30, 2011, at 12:59, Hedley Finger wrote:
>
> > I find it a pain when printing an invoice to have to click Options and
> > manually change the fields in:
> >
> >   - *Display tab
> >   *Various check boxes but particularly the Extra Notes and Today Date
> >   Format
> >   - *Display Columns tab
> >   *Various tabs
> >   - *General tab
> >   *Custom Title field
> >
> > There is a note in the FAQ contributed by Jonnybal which enables you to
> > change some of the defaults between lines 241 to 325 of the code in
> > invoice.scm, but being innocent of programming skills, could someone
> please
> > contribute a table showing what all these code options do?
> >
> > Each item typically begins with, for example,
> >    (gnc:register-inv-option
> > then the name of the option and then the arguments (?) that can be
> modified.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Hedley
> >
> > P.S.  I tried to search the archives for previous posts on this topic but
> > gave up in the face of the screwed up search page complained about in my
> > recent posts.

Regards,
Hedley

--

Hedley Finger

28 Regent Street   Camberwell VIC 3124   Australia
Tel: +61 3 9809 1229   Fax: (call phone first)
Mobile (cell): +61 412 461 558   Skype: hedley.finger
Email. "Hedley Finger" <hedley.finger at gmail.com>