Trading Account Problems

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Mon Dec 5 22:47:27 EST 2011

--On December 5, 2011 6:57:43 PM -0800 "David T." <sunfish62 at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Mike--
>
> I'll take a closer look at the tutorial, and get back with you on
> some specific user-oriented questions, and see what I can come up
> with.

That's great, I'm looking forward to your comments and questions.

By the way, I tried a simple minded approach to turning off trading
accounts.  I turned off the option then deleted the "Trading" place
holder account and all its subaccounts, telling Gnucash to delete
splits.  This worked better than I expected.  It left some splits in
various "Imbalance-XXX" accounts which would require some manual
cleanup, but nothing that should be impossible.

           Mike