import QIF Lloyds

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 6 16:12:02 EST 2011

On 12/6/2011 3:05 PM, Maciej Wozniak wrote:
> Hi
> I import transactions every month from Lloyd's tsb uk as QIF
> They made some changes in Internet banking few months ago and more
> less same time I started to experience missing transaction usually 1
> or 2 per download - this is very frustrating to search for them.
> Any idea if this is bank's bug or problem with gnu?
>
> regards
>
> Maciej
Are the missing transactions always at or near the beginning of the
download time period? How do you specify the start date of transactions
to be included in the data stream? If the bank switched from showing you
the transaction date instead of the posting date, you might have to ask
for a few more days at the start of the download period to make sure you
get transactions that occurred before your last download, but posted
after that.

Also a possibility is that the bank uses a different date in data
downloads than it does for web display (again likely to be the
difference between transaction and posting dates).

One of my banks always sends 30 days of transactions, no matter what I
asked for. Others send only transactions on the dates I ask for, but the
"current date" will miss transactions that clear that same day, but
after I do the download. The next download misses them because I ask to
start the day after my last download.

Dave