Account Balance

Mark Gillis mark at untangledweb.co.uk
Wed Dec 7 12:37:19 EST 2011

I'm writing some queries to extract data from the MySQL backend database for
GnuCash. I've got most of what I need but I'm struggling to locate a data
item for the Account Balance. Is this actually stored in the database or is
it calculated from the other data items? If the latter, does anyone have the
formula for the account running total balance? (It's the total number of
shares, shown in the Balance column of a Share Account that I'm after, if
that makes any difference)
Cheers
Mark