Expense account Balances

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 9 14:41:55 EST 2011

It is up to you. You can let them grow, or you can zero them out every year to an account of your choosing. This option, however, can have effect on longterm expense analysis, as the zeroing transaction has to appear in some time frame, where it will throw off calculations. The analogous action you are looking for are the discussions about "Closing the books" which are numerous in the archives.

HTH,
David