Percentages in Income and Expense report

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Dec 12 15:09:24 EST 2011

On Dec 12, 2011, at 11:27 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Garey Beck <glbeck123 at att.net> writes:
>
>> Thanks for the info. I know nothing about SCHEME, so unless I have a
>> crash course in how to program I am stuck. Any thing on line or a
>> reference book available? Do scheme files need to be compiled?  Thanks
>> for taking time to educate me about this.
>
> A google search for "MIT Scheme Reference" will give you some nice
> reference materials.

I've been working on Scheme lately as well. I found the "Hello Scheme" section in the Guile 2.0 manual [1] to be a better introduction than the R5RS [2], though you need to be careful as we're still using Guile 1.8 and there are enough differences in 2.0 that it breaks Gnucash (but the manual was heavily rewritten between 1.8 and 2.0 and the latter is much better). Notice that the search "MIT Scheme Reference" produces manuals for Scheme 7, which Guile (even 2.0) does not support.

Regards,
John Ralls

[1] http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/index.html
[2] http://schemers.org/Documents/Standards/R5RS/HTML/