Strange view on one of my accounts

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Dec 22 11:57:35 EST 2011

On Dec 22, 2011, at 2:25 AM, AdamC wrote:

> I've recently noticed that one of my accounts only displays about 2
> months worth of transactions. "No problem", I thought, "I'll just
> reimport the data", as I still have it on disk. However, when I try to
> import it, I get duplicate transactions for all of them. So, it seems
> that gnucash already has these transactions but isn't displaying them.
> Is there any reason why these wouldn't show up in the account list?
> I've used gnucash for about 3 years and have never been affected like
> this before.

More than likely the transactions aren't going to the account you think they are.
Look in the "Transfer" column of one of the missing transactions in its balancing account and make sure that it's really pointed at the right place. You can use the "jump" button to open an otherwise invisible hidden account.

Regards,
John Ralls