Fwd: [FWD: profit loss by customer]

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Thu Dec 22 16:25:08 EST 2011

> Hi,
> We have an architecture construction firm and we are exploring
> switching to gnucash from quickbooks.  The simplicity of the program
> is very appealing.  However, I am having a hard time find ways to
> track income and expenses by job or customer.  Is there a way to build
> such a report?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cate
> Leger Wanaselja Architecture
> www.greendwellings.com <http://www.greendwellings.com>
> 510 848 8901

This is really a matter of correctly setting up your chart of accounts
to make this easy. If for each job (or client) you have parent income
and expense accounts then you can produce a profit & loss (Income
Statement) report with just those accounts selected (report options
allows selective inclusion of accounts).

Michael