How to not let next year's advance invoice payment appear on this year's reports

Zhang_Weiwu zhangweiwu at realss.com
Fri Dec 23 03:11:19 EST 2011

Hello. Some customers paid me for my services to come in year 2012, I
posted the invoice, got the payment. One stake-holder is pulling out of
the business by the end of the financial year and demand his 50% share
of asset, which is easy to calculate by checking equity statement. But
he would then take the 50% of the advance payment, a payment that
doesn't cost him.

I hope there is a way to exclude advance payment so that they do not
appear as asset in reports. Since the payment is made, causing the
invoice date read-only, is postdating the invoice using UPDATE SQL TABLE
the only way?

--
Using GnuCASH 2.4.6 on Linux.