SQLite Backend Data

Mark HerrPoetry at HailMail.net
Wed Feb 2 20:21:31 EST 2011

Thank you all for the clarification, and your cautions are all well
taken. I am working only with an expendable copy of Gnucash's SQLite
file, and am interested solely in creating custom views and reports of
my data.

The data I want are mainly budget lines and register transactions. The
questions I have below all have to do with the db design. Is that
viewable anywhere?

Questions:

I'm not sure what "key-value pairs" (in slots table) are. Under what
circumstances, if any, would I need them?

How is the 'transactions' table related to the 'splits' table? Is the

Am I right that dollar amounts are stored absolutely with no decimal
point -- e.g. $123.90 appears as 12390?

Thanks,
Mark