Another one unhappy with quickfill

Alexander Miller ambler at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 2 17:30:59 EST 2011

Jeff Kletsky <gnucash <at> allycomm.com> writes:

> I would put it at a level of "strong annoyance"

I'd put it a lot stronger than that. For me it's a deal-breaker and the main
reason I run a dual-boot system, in order to use my old & trusty Quickbooks.
I've given up on GC after discovering that a whole raft of transactions have had
the identical comment copied into them in the (hidden) second row. I hate the
fact that I'll have to pick up the mouse every time during what ought to be
keyboard input, or delete stuff that I didn't want entered to begin with. There
may be people for whom this autocompletion is a useful feature but to me it's
just a frustration. Why no option to disable - or better still ENable it?