aqbanking info

Mike Leone turgon at mike-leone.com
Thu Feb 3 14:36:31 EST 2011

On 1/25/2011 12:24 PM, Martin Preuss wrote:
> Hi,
>
> please have a look at
> "http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/OFX_Direct_Connect_Bank_Settings"
> and
> "http://www2.aquamaniac.de/sites/aqbanking/manual5/setup_ofx_user.php"
> (the latter is for AqBanking5 only).
>
> Beyond that there is not too much I can tell you since I don't really
> understand how bank customers in the US/CA specify their account. I've been
> told once that US customers in most cases don't know the routing number of
> their bank (because they don't need it as it seems, while this information is
> quite vital to bank customers in most European countries).

The bank routing number is almost always printed on the bottom of every
check, along with the checking account number, that I've ever seen. You
need the bank routing number to set up automatic or electronic payments
to many vendors, as well.

They're also searchable on the Internet.
<http://www.routingnumbers.org/>