importing old GnuCash files

Matthew Weymar matthew.weymar+tech at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 16:56:37 EST 2011

I have old GnuCash data files dated June 2007 that I would like to revive.
Unfortunately, the pc on which I ran that version of GnuCash, and generated
those files is now *kaput *so exporting the data via GnuCash is not
straightforward. If older versions of GC are available, and they run on
contemporary hardware, perhaps I could install an older GC, copy and paste
the relevant files to that installation, and then export -- if the copying
and pasting of those files was sufficient to open them.

I assume - but have to ask - that I cannot open these files in the current
version of GC via copy and paste.

Any suggestions?...

Thanks,
Matthew