Lot Sales Calculation Errors

Mike C. subscribe307 at verizon.net
Sun Feb 6 13:17:10 EST 2011

On 2/6/2011 11:42 AM, David T. wrote:

> [...]
By invalid I mean that the total gain/loss is incorrect.  There is not a
problem if you enter sales in chronological order and don't change any
later.  If there is a change it seems to calculate the lot in the wrong
order.  I made a change in lot 4 (the latest) and the view lots
calculation showed that lot closed (all sold) and lot 2 (an earlier lot)
still open (not sold).  This happened even when I deleted lot 4 and its
related gain/loss completely and reentered.  At least for the present I
am using a spreadsheet to calculate FIFO gain/losses and so far out of 5
securities that were sold only one was calculated correctly and it was
one with only one sale.
I really like GnuCash and hope this problem can be fixed or at least
explained  so we know how to avoid errors.
Mike