Import Export data

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Feb 12 12:27:34 EST 2011

On Feb 9, 2011, at 2:09 PM, Simon Kali wrote:

> Thanks John,
> I had a reply from Phil about SQL back ends, and asked him about ODBC, but see you mention that here.
> I am not au fait with much, but would I be right to think "ODBC to SGLite3" would require me to have SGLite3?
> Look forward to the Entity relationship model diagram.

Please remember to CC the list on replies. (Use "reply all" or "reply list".)

Sorry I didn't answer sooner. I don't know, but probably. You have to have it installed anyway for Gnucash to write the file, so it's included in the Gnucash package on both M$Win and OSX. Hooking up ODBC to the instance included with Gnucash will be a bit more challenging than to a stand-alone version. Fortunately, SQLite3 is a pretty small installation, and it's already included in OSX if that's what you're using.

Be sure to read http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_Can_I_open_my_Gnucash_SQL_database_with_another_program.2C_perhaps_Microsoft_Access.3F for an important warning.

Regards,
John Ralls