remove specific split line

bugreport19621012 at fastmail.fm bugreport19621012 at fastmail.fm
Tue Feb 15 18:07:54 EST 2011

Thank you for your replies. But neither of the solutions appears to work
on my MacBook Pro.

(1) I deleted all the data from the unwanted split line. I saved the
transaction (by hitting enter repeatedly until the cursor had entered a
different transaction and the transaction in question had no longer shown
its split). Then I re-opened that transaction's splits by clicking the
"split" button at the top of the GnuCash window. The blank split line was
still there.

I also closed down GnuCash and reopened it. When I went back to this
transaction and clicked on the split, the blank split line was still
there.

(2) I also tried using the "delete" button and variations on that
tactic. I placed the cursor on that line
and hit "delete." I hit command delete, fn delete, control delete, and
option delete. Nothing happened. I also right-clicked the line and as you
see from the screen shot, there is no option for deleting the split
line, only the entire transaction.

In fact, I did try the option "delete transaction,"
hoping it might merely delete the single blank split line. But nothing
happened. It did not even delete the transaction.

Any idea what's up?

Jake