Building gnucash 2.4.2 under Kubuntu 10.10 - SLIB problem

Paul Abrahams abrahams at acm.org
Thu Feb 17 14:38:15 EST 2011

I'm trying to build gnucash 2.4.2 under Kubuntu 10.10, but the configure step
fails because SLIB cannot be found.  I first tried installing the slib in the
distribution, but that didn't help.  I managed to retrieve slib-3b2 and did a
make install, but the complaint did not go away.  There seem to be some issues
about guile 1.6 versus guile 1.8 which I don't understand.  How can I get past
this?