Account hierarchical numbering

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Tue Feb 22 08:46:11 EST 2011

>> . Is there a way to use
>> hierarchical numbering except from introducing zeros everywhere, like
>> "1.2.02"? This would be a useful feature probably easy to implement.

I should probably have explained? (I wasn't ignoring that you were
asking for "without lead zeros")

No, not easy to implement. Impossible to implement since the "account
number" field can't be defined as numeric. The name is deceptive,
implying that the "account numbers" have to BE numbers and this is not
true. You are seeing only YOUR chosen use of this field (a series of
numbers using "." as the separator) and imagining that this is the ONLY
way people might be using the field.

So it has to be "alphameric"

Michael D Novack, FLMI