Need help to install Finance Online quote

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 24 14:54:54 EST 2011

--- On Thu, 2/24/11, suraj shetty <rs.suraj at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: suraj shetty <rs.suraj at gmail.com>
> Subject: Need help to install Finance Online quote
> To: "gnucash-user at gnucash.org" <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>
> Date: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 8:09 AM
> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to install finance online quote on
> Gnucash using below
> instructions on help but when i try to run th
> "gnc-fq-update" i am getting
> an error " gnc-fq-update  is not recognised as an
> internal or external
> command , operable program or batch file" .I am using Gnu
> 2.2.9 and OS is
> Windows Xp
>
> "Help
>  Installing Finance::Quote
>
> To install Finance::Quote begin by first closing any
> GnuCash applications
> you have running. Second, locate the folder where GnuCash
> is installed by
> searching for “gnc-fq-update” (without the quotes).
> Change to that
> directory, open a root shell and run the command
> “gnc-fq-update” (without
> the quotation marks). ...."

Please see: http://code.gnucash.org/docs/help/acct-create.html#Online-price-setup

and:

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Windows#Finance::Quote

You might also want to upgrade to 2.4; it is the latest stable release, and includes many improvements (including in the documentation). I'll note that this might best be done in about a week, since there are plans afoot to release 2.4.3 shortly, and I seem to recall there being a few important fixes for Windows in that newest release.

HTH,
David