invoices, A/R and balance sheet

Luis Watts lgwatts at comcast.net
Thu Feb 24 06:38:27 EST 2011

Perhaps this is an accounting issue but I am confused. I issued a number of
invoices last year. I have been processing the payments as they come in
against the A/R for the invoice with a deposit to checking. I closed the
year on 12/31/2010. Additional payments have been processed this year
against those invoices but although the deposit dates in the transaction
register are correct for this year the balance sheet is showing the income
as accruing last year on the original post date of invoice. I would expect
it to be showing up as current year income. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you.