invoices, A/R and balance sheet

John Layman john.layman at laymanandlayman.com
Thu Feb 24 17:07:18 EST 2011

Sorry about the formatting problem.

============
accrual basis income plus beginning A/R balance minus ending A/R balance
results in the cash basis income figure
accrual basis expense plus beginning A/P balance minus ending A/P balance
results in the cash basis expense figure

Also, just to be clear, in accrual basis accounting, the income is realized
when invoiced.  (Obviously, that also necessitates special handling of bad
debts -- another topic.)