Using Fraction Traded Smaller Than 1/100000000

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 28 10:35:19 EST 2011

<gwgreen at cox.net> writes:

> I am trying to match my account with the accuracy of the fraction traded for a fund that trades in fractions of 1/1000000000, however I can't seem to decrease the fraction traded for this commodity below 1/100000000 (the up arrow is grayed out when I reach 1/100000000),  Is there a way to make the fraction traded smaller?
>
> e.g. The account shows 15.12345678 shares, but I need 15.123456789 shares.
>
> Searching on the list gave me a clue about making sure that the account is set to use the commodity value, and I made sure I am set up this way.

Sorry, you've reached the limit of what the UI will let you do.  The
issue is that once you get to too many significant figures you can
easily over-run the math when computing exchange rates.

Where in the real world is someone trading in 1/10^9 shares?