tiaa-cref quotes stopped working October 6

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 1 15:28:11 EST 2011

On Jan 1, 2011, at 2:34 PM, Richard Nelson wrote:

> Pretty much says it all. There was a patch posted on this list in mid-November that didn't fix things for me. Upgraded to 2.4.0 today, ran gnc-fq-update which did update some things but tiaacref is still not working for me. Any suggestions? Thanks!
>
> Richard

A new version of gnucash has nothing to do with whether finance-quote is fixed. For that you need to ask the finance-quote maintainer to release a fixed version.

Were you able to tell if the patch applied correctly? If you can find the tiaacref.pm file in your perl installation, you could replace it with the attached file. The attached file (just the result of the two patches mentioned in the finance-quote bug list discussion) has been working for me since mid October.

Make sure you replace the right file if you have more than one version of perl installed.

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net