stock price broken

brad bradhaack at fastmail.us
Sat Jan 1 17:34:17 EST 2011

I've done some more poking around.  I started up gc 2.2.9 (i ignored the
recommendation to uninstall the old version when I installed 2.4),
opened up an older file and I see the same thing, except that in the
transaction there is an imbalance that doesn't go to the imbalance
accnt, ie, on that line there is an amount, but no account.

Since the number of shares are correct and the $ amount is correct and
there is nothing shown in the imbalance accnt it's possible that this
could have been corrupted a while back & I didn't see it.  But why can't
I change the price and fix it???   Is it because 2.2.9 is using a new
library that I installed for 2.4?  I reinstalled the ubuntu distro gc
2.2.9 using aptitude, but nothing was updated.   Do I need to manually
remove some libs?   Is there a config file I'm overlooking that I should
revert back to an older one?

Hopefully there's something really simple that I'm missing.