Cannot Enter Split Transaction in Checking using v2.4

DenverJim jim at jimmie.net
Sun Jan 2 12:23:46 EST 2011

I just installed Gnucash 2.4.  I used a previous version of gnucash before
this.  Not sure what is wrong.  I am using MacOS 10.6.5.  I completely
uninstalled the previous version of gnucash and installed v2.4.  Went
through the new setup of creating all my accounts.  When I quit after
setting up all the accounts, gnucash showed a window that said it crashed
unexpectedly.  I restarted and quit several times after that and did not get
a repeat of the error.

When entering transactions in checking register, nonsplit transactions
record just fine.  When trying to create a split transaction, it lets me
enter them using the tab key, but when hitting enter icon, the lines i
created using the tab key disappear and the register looks like when i
started trying to enter the split transactions.  Nothing seems to work to
create a split transaction in the register.  All the expense items i used
when creating the split transaction show up in the expense register, but
nothing is created in the checking register.

Any ideas?