What's the best way to record this?

Ian X Waddington iwaddox at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 03:19:29 EST 2011

To expand on this, what should you do with an expense that is refunded
because you return something to the store.

If I paid £50 for a new coat on my credit card against expenses clothing
then a week later I returned the coat I would simply enter an identical
transaction with the signs reversed - wouldn't I, how else should I do it?

I see this as the same as for the short term loan question.



-----Original Message-----
From: gnucash-user-bounces at gnucash.org
[mailto:gnucash-user-bounces at gnucash.org] On Behalf Of Michael DeBusk
Sent: 03 January 2011 01:49
To: gnucash-user at gnucash.org
Subject: Re: What's the best way to record this?

"Ryan Flegel" <rflegel at gmail.com> wrote:

>What's the best way to record this?

Using a liability account is the correct way. I see nothing wrong with doing
it the other way, though, if it's a one-time thing.

()  ascii ribbon campaign     * against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org       * against proprietary attachments
Home: http://nlphilia.com     * Blog: http://nlphilia.net
Registered Linux User #450983 * Ubuntu Counter Project #10548

gnucash-user mailing list
gnucash-user at gnucash.org
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

More information about the gnucash-user mailing list