Problem with shares when setting up investments

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 3 12:02:17 EST 2011

Ryan Flegel <rflegel at gmail.com> writes:

> Ahh, I've discovered the problem (after unnecessarily compiling and
> installing 2.4.0 :-). I had the Currency/Security type set to CAD
> (Canadian Dollar) instead of creating a new Fund. I guess when it's
> set to a currency, it automatically sets the price to 1, which makes
> sense.

Ah, this is a bug in the New Account Hierarchy druid.  When creating new
Stock/Mutual Fund accounts it does not prompt you to create a security.
:(  That should get filed in Bugzilla if it's not already there.