date completion

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Thu Jan 6 22:35:17 EST 2011

OK, I am attaching a patch to add this feature. The patch is against
-r20032 (because -r20033 generates compiler errors in the budget
module).

This patch adds a new option under Edit -> Preferences -> Date/Time
that looks like this:

 Date Completion
 When a date is entered without year, it should be taken:

 (*) In the current calendar year

 ( ) In a sliding 12-month window starting this many months before the
     current month:
     [ 6 ]

I tried to follow the GnuCash coding style and conventions. One thing
I am not sure about is how to tell Guile to set the correct defaults
for the new preferences, i.e., check the first radio box and set the
month to "6", when these are used for the first time.

Also, I added a static auxiliary math function floordiv(a,b) in
src/libqof/qof/gnc-date.c. I am not sure what is the correct naming
convention and/or location for such a function.

Please let me know what you think. -- Peter