HST on cash purchase

Bert de Haan benchmarkhis at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 16:10:28 EST 2011

I purchased gas for my company truck.  When I entered it as an
expense, the total, including the tax is entered as an expense. I want
it separated because I can claim a refund on the tax.  In order to
accomplish this I entered it as a bill first and then processed the
payment.  Now the gas and the tax are entered as separate expenses.
Do I have to go through this process or is there another way to do the
same thing?
Can I use the same program to keep personal financial records and
business records?  In which case I would have to treat gas purchased
for the family vehicle differently from the truck.

--
Bert de Haan
Benchmark Home Inspection Services