stock price broken

brad bradhaack at fastmail.us
Sun Jan 9 19:12:09 EST 2011

Tried this again and same answer.  Like I said last week, I reverted to
2.2.9 and an older file and recovered.

Today, I removed gnucash and gnucash-common using synaptic package
manager.  I followed the wiki build instructions explicitly and built
the latest unstable release.  (John, no I didn't use the -rpath arg,
didn't think I needed it since I removed the old version, and wasn't
sure which cmd (configure or make) it was supposed to go w).  Started it
up and see the same problem.

Next I installed the stable version, 2.4.0 from getdeb.net.  Same thing.

To reiterate:

Transactions that were OK are now unbalanced
Example, from transaction register showing split
1st split line, stockAcct  shares=10 Price=1 buy=10
2nd line:       fundingAcct sell=100
3rd line: nothing in the Account field,  price=1, Buy=90