previous balance doesn't match statement

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Tue Jan 11 17:16:41 EST 2011

Hi,

On Tue, January 11, 2011 5:10 pm, houndhen wrote:

> Running GC 2.2.9 on linux. What do I do when the previous balance doesn't
> match what the bank statement says?

I presume this is during reconciliation?  Generally this means one of two
things:

1) You didn't properly reconcile last time, or
2) You DID reconcile last time, but somehow a transaction that was
reconciled became unreconciled (possibly because you changed it).

In either case, the solution is to make sure that the ending value is
correct on the dialog, based on the statement date, and then when you're
checking off transactions make sure you check off anything that might have
been on a previous statement.