Uk Xbrl filing - OT

Berni Elbourn berni at elbournb.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Jan 12 16:50:15 EST 2011

On 12/01/11 19:01, Mike Leone wrote:

>> And Sage have done there very best to (not) help with this "improvement"
>> in our lives. Accounts Production Advanced will require an sql server
>> for this xbrl nonsense. Linux/Samba set-ups which have run for years no
>> longer work. And gosh Windows 2000 support ends too - the timing must be
>> intentional with the April 1 deadline.
>
> Very very few firms support any software more than 10 years old.
> Frankly, I'm surprised that it is supported at all. Even Microsoft
> doesn't support such an old product.

Or that is what the sales team would like you to think. ;-)

The 2000 kernel goes back to NT 3 and afaik much is still used in latest
Windows. Microsoft only pulled the plug on 2000 last year. Sage pulled
the plug this month. Adobe Reader, Flash, Firefox and antivirus is still
supported.

Sorry ... this is not relevant to gnucash.