Help with online quotes downloading.

Andrew Lumpe alumpe at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 04:46:44 EST 2011

Hi, I am trying to setup gnucash online price updating.

 From the help it indicates that perl needs to be installed and certain
modules
are required.

I have perl installed as part of cygwin, and the required modules are
also installed.
The cygwin perl executable is in the path, and from a dos window I can
run gnc-fq-dump
and get no errors, but when I run gnucash, it flashes a perl window when
opening,
which doesn't stay open long enough for me to see what it says, but in
the security editor
it still says that Finance::Quote is not properly installed.

Is there something I can do besides adding the cygwin/bin to the path in
order
to point gnucash to cygwin's perl installation?  Or do I have to install
ActivePerl
also in addition to the cygwin perl I already have installed?

Thanks
Andrew