Help with online quotes downloading.

Andrew Lumpe alumpe at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 16:45:24 EST 2011

OK, fearing no alternative but to install a second installation of perl,
I downloaded
ActivePerl and installed it; however, the start menu installation
process still fails with:

Did not find a usable perl
Please install ActivePerl 5.8 (http:/www/activestate.com/store/activeperl)
and add the bin directory to your Path environment variable

Note: the bin directory for the new activeperl is in the path and the
cygwin perl path
has been removed.  Reviewing the command file which installs this
feature, it looks
like it has support only for versions 5.6, 5.8 and 5.10 of perl.
Unfortunately the
current version at ActiveState is 5.12...

It would be nice if the documentation for this feature could include
these kinds of
dependencies and version requirements.  Currently it is written as if
any perl will
suffice, and clearly that is not the case.