Everything in German after upgrade to 2.4.0; Mac OS X

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Jan 17 23:15:04 EST 2011

On Jan 17, 2011, at 5:42 PM, Scott Nelson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After upgrading GnuCash to 2.4.0, most of the UI is now in German.  I am running Mac OS X 10.6.6 (Snow Leopard).
>
> My system preferences (Language & Text) is set for English and German.  (U.S., Canadian, British, Australian & plain English, followed by Austrian and plain German).
>
> I have only been playing around with GnuCash, so I would not be unhappy if I had to erase everything and start over...

No need to erase (it won't change anything, anyway). Fiddle with the order of the Englishes on your list in System Prefs instead. Maybe get rid of a few -- it's pretty rare to find an application that has translations for any of them anyway, and even more rare to find anything other than British English.

Regards,
John Ralls