importing to multiple checking accounts

Phil Frost indigo at bitglue.com
Wed Jan 19 08:59:22 EST 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 01:49:27PM -0600, Larry Teeter wrote:
> I am a new user trying to set up a file where I have multiple checking
> accounts. [...] When I try to import to the others the program records
> the transactions in the first account.

I have heard that the QIF importer uses the filename to decide to what
account to import. I don't know if this is true or not, but it's
something to try until you can get a more authoritative answer. I always
import from OFX, and I know that format contains bank routing and
account numbers that gnucash will use to match the file with the
account.