Earmark fixed percentage of income for charity

Michael DeBusk mdebusk at nlphilia.com
Sun Jan 30 16:47:52 EST 2011

"Aryeh Leib Taurog" <vim at aryehleib.com> wrote:

>This is important.  Since both my wife and I are self employed, it's
>sometimes hard to predict what next month's income will be; if we wait
>until the end of the year to make the donations, we might not be able
>to cover them!

If I wanted to accomplish what you're asking, I would open a savings account and move ten per cent of every deposit into it. I'd always know what was available and I would not be able to spend it by "accident." Plus I'd earn a bit of interest on it.

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign     * against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org       * against proprietary attachments