Earmark fixed percentage of income for charity

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Mon Jan 31 19:26:13 EST 2011

> John, thanks.  This is what I was trying to get at when I posted the
> question.  I got this same suggestion off-list from someone else, who
> also pointed out the caveat that the Expenses:Charity account will not
> necessarily reflect how much you actually gave to charity in a given
> period, only how much you were supposed to give.
>
> Regards,
> Aryeh Leib

Did you mean to say this? Or are you confused?

The Expenses:Charity account should hold the ACTUAL donation
transactions and so will reflect what you actually donated.

If you "reserve" a portion of your income that amount is NOT an actual
donation until you make the donation (at which point you "unreserve" the
amount of the donation)

Michael