Update of shares prices without gnucash

jb jbbrel at yahoo.fr
Mon Jul 4 08:03:06 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'm using Gnucash for my personal accounting since several years.
I have recently added stocks accounts.
I would like update, automatically and periodically from my NAS server or from
my firewall machines, share prices values of my stocks. But those machines are
a lite linux distribution without gnucash.

I would like to know if it exists a solution to update  share prices without
using the gnucash -add-price-quotes  command line interface.
For example, maybe it exists a script which allows to have only perl on the
machine to update the xml file of gnucash with shares prices.

Thanks you for your help.
JeB